Monday, August 20, 2012

I will lift my eyes to Jesus

One chorus from our summer camps repeatedly ran through my mind yesterday as I washed dishes in the Twin Rocks dish room:


I will lift my eyes to the Maker of the mountains I can't climb,
I will lift my eyes to the Calmer of the oceans raging wild,
I will lift my eyes to the Healer of the hurt I hold inside,
I will lift my eyes, lift my eyes, to You.*


A week ago, it was a tremendous blessing to hear 250 high school students singing this prayer together during our Surfside Camp. Nothing gives me more joy than hearing youth call out to the Lord, lifting their eyes to their Creator.

And for me personally, even while washing dishes this song can apparently bring tears to my eyes. I'm amazed that I can give my insurmountable mountains, raging oceans, and closely-held hurts to Jesus, and know that He cares for me and will intervene miraculously on my behalf.

Pretty powerful stuff. Thanks, God!



* song written by Bebo Norman