Thursday, December 22, 2011

Fantastic Friends of Twin Rocks

This month I've received some wonderful notes from Twin Rocks donors. What a blessing it is to hear how deeply people connect with Twin Rocks.

Note #1:
Background: For four summers (2004-2007), each week we sent a list of summer camp names to volunteer residents of Friendsview Retirement Community, asking them to pray by name for specific campers at Twin Rocks that week. It was a wonderful way to ensure that all of our campers were recipients of prayer. Little did we know that one Friendsview resident would take this assignment to a whole new level. I'll protect her anonymity, but here's what she wrote me this week:
Each of those years I prayed for each [camper], but also kept praying for past attenders, adding to it the new names from each year. During those four years I received 40 names to remember in prayer. I'm still praying for those 40.... It's a joy to do that. Many of those are now married and having jobs, others continuing studies. It is such a joy to pray for them, even though many I never knew - except their name! Thank you for those names you provided. Some day we'll meet in heaven!
Note #2
Paul Meier (pastor of East Hill Friends Church in Kent, Washington) wrote:
I sat in my office this morning adding up all the time Charlene [my wife] and I have spent at Twin Rocks in over 40 years of ministry in NWYM [the Friends Church]. We have spent over a full year at Twin Rocks being fed and housed, being inspired, playing, counseling, and vacationing. Our times at the Camp and Harbor Villa have all been special. Thanks...for all you do.
These two notes describe a deep love of Twin Rocks and an amazing depth of care for the camp, its campers, and its ministry for Jesus. Pretty cool!